UPDATE: Hey, I'm Susie! Thriftables was just a little ol' blog I started in 2012 about thrifting and DIY. When t
he domain thriftables.com got bought up from under me, I decided that I'd let the blog die. It's just a well; I never really updated it anymore anyway.
I will keep the most popular posts up. If you still want to be my buddy, please find me on Pinterest, Instagram, or Etsy. I'll probably start another blog or vintagey project someday soon. When I do, you'll hear about it there.

On a side note, if you find a pin or link that leads you back to thriftables.com, would you mind updating the link to point it back to thriftables.blogspot.com? I would appreciate it, and I'm sure the lost thrifter who stumbles across it will appreciate it, too.

Friday, July 18, 2014

Maximizing Small Spaces with Clotheslines



When the soulmate and I moved into a new apartment last month, we were pleasantly surprised to find a two bedroom for about the same price as we'd been paying for a single bedroom. Though tiny, we knew exactly what we'd do with the extra space: home office!

My original plan was to hang a gigantic corkboard over the desk to function as an inspiration board. Once I realized how expensive corkboards are (what the heck?!), I settled on a few smaller boards instead. To extend the functionality of the board, I added this little "clothesline" to the bottom edge. Hallelujah! This speedy little craft cost me $0 (I already had everything hanging around,) and it's opened my eyes to a whole world of clothespin organization. Yessssss. 

jute twine + clothespins = that's it!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? I'd love to hear your thoughts! I read every comment and try to reply to everybody.