UPDATE: Hey, I'm Susie! Thriftables was just a little ol' blog I started in 2012 about thrifting and DIY. When t
he domain thriftables.com got bought up from under me, I decided that I'd let the blog die. It's just a well; I never really updated it anymore anyway.
I will keep the most popular posts up. If you still want to be my buddy, please find me on Pinterest, Instagram, or Etsy. I'll probably start another blog or vintagey project someday soon. When I do, you'll hear about it there.

On a side note, if you find a pin or link that leads you back to thriftables.com, would you mind updating the link to point it back to thriftables.blogspot.com? I would appreciate it, and I'm sure the lost thrifter who stumbles across it will appreciate it, too.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Easy, No-Sew Throw Pillows Made From Reclaimed Pillowcases










I love to mix-and-match my bed sheets for an eclectic look, but recently I've turned to giving them new life as throw pillows. Because I don't have a sewing machine, I've been using this quick, no-sew method to cozy-up my apartment without a big investment in tools.

It's just like wrapping a present! You can play around with the types of ribbon or rope you use, or try tying intricate knots and bows. It's so easy, and because you don't damage the fabric, you can go back to using it as a pillowcase later if you change your mind. By the way, I picked up this vintage Marimekko pillowcase for less than a $1!

Do you have any creative ways of reusing beloved vintage items? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? I'd love to hear your thoughts! I read every comment and try to reply to everybody.