I love peppermint oil. Like, love love it. Not just because it's the perfect cure for a tuna salad lunch, but because it's a little miracle in a bottle. Don't believe me? Here are a few of my favorite uses for it:
- Got a tummy ache? A drop of peppermint oil in a glass of iced water gets rid of gas, bloating, nausea, and indigestion faster than you can spell P-E-P-T-O B-I-S ...you get where I'm going with this.
- Wanna cool off? Peppermint ice water is just about the most refreshing, invigorating beverage ever.
- Add just a teeny bit to your shampoo and body wash for a tingly shower experience (and to stimulate circulation.)
- Smelly feet? Add a little peppermint oil in your body lotion and rub it on your feet after you shower. Your feet will feel nice and smell great.
- While you're at it, that peppermint lotion is wonderful for relieving joint and muscle pain, too.
- Take a big sniff to awaken your senses.
- It makes a lovely, fresh-smelling DIY air freshener (Note to self: I need to post about DIY air fresheners!)
- My favorite use for it? An invigorating, renewing (and oddly tasty) face and body scrub.