UPDATE: Hey, I'm Susie! Thriftables was just a little ol' blog I started in 2012 about thrifting and DIY. When t
he domain thriftables.com got bought up from under me, I decided that I'd let the blog die. It's just a well; I never really updated it anymore anyway.
I will keep the most popular posts up. If you still want to be my buddy, please find me on Pinterest, Instagram, or Etsy. I'll probably start another blog or vintagey project someday soon. When I do, you'll hear about it there.

On a side note, if you find a pin or link that leads you back to thriftables.com, would you mind updating the link to point it back to thriftables.blogspot.com? I would appreciate it, and I'm sure the lost thrifter who stumbles across it will appreciate it, too.

Monday, August 26, 2013

My Thrifted Chicago Apartment Tour
















Though it's not completely finished, my new apartment is starting to come together. Living a thrifty lifestyle has made the process of moving (and decorating) so much easier. Less stuff = less stress. I can't believe I was able to furnish an entire apartment so cheaply. It doesn't hurt that my decorating style is straight up retro/eclectic/junkstore chic. I find that this style, as it become more and more mainstream, isn't as easy to find cheaply out in the "wild" as it once was. It seems that more people are willing to pay a premium for the look, as evidence by the growing number of mainstream retailers adopting the style.

It's a work in progress, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a good deal on a more comfortable couch. 

8 comments:

  1. Looks so good! I love the way you arranged your Pyrex!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great!!!!

    Smiles,
    Rachael
    The Joyful Thrifter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Susie!
    I think I like your cat the best! No, seriously I like the fact that you have an apartment in Chicago...home of the Randolph Street Market...so jealous! But I really love your credenza...that's some serious MCM eye candy there...I bet you'll really like living in Chi-town...but St. Louis is a real favorite place of mine as well! I can't tell, but is your apartment vintage? It looks maybe so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha...yes the cat was the best deal. The apartment is a vintage, courtyard style apartment...I wanna say 1920s. It's completely renovated, though, so not much vintage eye candy left, but there is plenty of other vintage in Chicago to enjoy!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful job! I love your orange couch and chair with the corner side table. And the kitty, of course. I would pay full price for him.

    ReplyDelete

Got a comment? I'd love to hear your thoughts! I read every comment and try to reply to everybody.