UPDATE: Hey, I'm Susie! Thriftables was just a little ol' blog I started in 2012 about thrifting and DIY. When t
he domain thriftables.com got bought up from under me, I decided that I'd let the blog die. It's just a well; I never really updated it anymore anyway.
I will keep the most popular posts up. If you still want to be my buddy, please find me on Pinterest, Instagram, or Etsy. I'll probably start another blog or vintagey project someday soon. When I do, you'll hear about it there.

On a side note, if you find a pin or link that leads you back to thriftables.com, would you mind updating the link to point it back to thriftables.blogspot.com? I would appreciate it, and I'm sure the lost thrifter who stumbles across it will appreciate it, too.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tuesday Thrift Find: These Dumpsters are too Good to Me




The soulmate and I found another amazing, mid-century piece of furniture by the dumpsters of our apartment complex. We needed a side table, so clearly this was perfect timing.

Don't you love free mid-century furniture? 

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Is that thing in as great shape as it looks from the pictures? I am going to have to start raiding more apartment complex dumpsters. My neighborhood of little mid-century bungalows is not keeping up...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! One of the legs looks a little beat up, but that can be hidden. For free I'm not complaining!

      Delete
  2. That...is...BEAUTIFUL! Holy shit, your dumpsters are blessed and magical indeed. I see lots of gorgeous mod in your house, love looking at it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much! I'm still working on getting it exactly how I want it. I think I won't be totally happy with the decor until I own a house of my own!

      Delete
  3. Wow, you really are lucky in dumpster diving! I have one of those that I purchased a few months ago. Granted it wasn't much because the person was closing her booth, but it was way more than free! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sounds like you got a good deal, though. Sure it was free, but the table did have a few pieces of old gum underneath that had to be scraped off. Yuck. There's always a catch, right?

      Delete
  4. I don't think you should EVER move from that apartment- the dumpster gods are sending love your way!

    ReplyDelete

Got a comment? I'd love to hear your thoughts! I read every comment and try to reply to everybody.