UPDATE: Hey, I'm Susie! Thriftables was just a little ol' blog I started in 2012 about thrifting and DIY. When t
he domain thriftables.com got bought up from under me, I decided that I'd let the blog die. It's just a well; I never really updated it anymore anyway.
I will keep the most popular posts up. If you still want to be my buddy, please find me on Pinterest, Instagram, or Etsy. I'll probably start another blog or vintagey project someday soon. When I do, you'll hear about it there.

On a side note, if you find a pin or link that leads you back to thriftables.com, would you mind updating the link to point it back to thriftables.blogspot.com? I would appreciate it, and I'm sure the lost thrifter who stumbles across it will appreciate it, too.

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Flying by the Seat of Your Pants



Today was a very scheduled day. Well, it was supposed to be, anyway. I had it planned for several weeks because, my work being as it is, getting off on a Saturday requires advanced notice. 

Plans, shmlans.

The soulmate and I instead decided to just get in the car and drive. That turned into finding random estate sale signs and following them. Which then turned into us bringing home this...for $5. I'm scared to plug it in, though. I've heard horror stories/rumors about old tvs starting fires, but maybe I'm just being paranoid.

:-)

Nevertheless, this is going to make an excellent side table! Don't you love estate sales?

15 comments:

  1. eep! for the cost of a starbucks you scored the most beautiful "table" ever. well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous and what a deal! I like how you've decorated the top of it. way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm telling you, the best thrifting stories I hear are about St. Louis...I'm so jealous, I mean happy for you! Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Hope you had a fun day of treasure hunting!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The hunt is the best part, right?

      Delete
  5. Really, what kinda horror stories?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe using the term "horror story" is a bit dramatic! I read that old TVs can short out and start smoking if there is debris or if they've been shaken around too much and stuff has come lose. Haha. I dunno, maybe I'm just being a worry wort?

      Delete
  6. Dang! How cool is that? I'm wicked jealous! I'm stuck in rich people land with the in-laws and loosing my fliiping mind! I'm living through you right now. Lots of pressure now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh geez, that *is* a lot of pressure! Now I have to top this with something *amazing*:-D

      Delete
  7. WOWEE! That is beautiful!!! I've heard that the consoles can be retrofitted with new TVs - probably expensive...but maybe worth it for a pretty TV like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, I hadn't even looked into that! What a great idea!

      Delete
  8. Oh my, soooo killer!!! and $5? You're killin' me!

    ReplyDelete

Got a comment? I'd love to hear your thoughts! I read every comment and try to reply to everybody.