UPDATE: Hey, I'm Susie! Thriftables was just a little ol' blog I started in 2012 about thrifting and DIY. When t
he domain thriftables.com got bought up from under me, I decided that I'd let the blog die. It's just a well; I never really updated it anymore anyway.
I will keep the most popular posts up. If you still want to be my buddy, please find me on Pinterest, Instagram, or Etsy. I'll probably start another blog or vintagey project someday soon. When I do, you'll hear about it there.

On a side note, if you find a pin or link that leads you back to thriftables.com, would you mind updating the link to point it back to thriftables.blogspot.com? I would appreciate it, and I'm sure the lost thrifter who stumbles across it will appreciate it, too.

Friday, September 21, 2012

Trekkie-ish




I found this tea set at my favorite thrift store. Can you believe it? Each piece is made by the artist, Peter Saenger. It was featured on several episodes of TNG. The artist still makes them, but they are pretty expensive ($200 for the tea set, $120 for the creamer.) I obviously paid quite a bit less for them, as even my inner nerd could never justify such an expensive purchase. I wonder how many of these are actually floating around, considering the price and relative obscurity of the reference?

Have you ever found anything at the thrifts that really makes you geek out? Do you prefer your tea earl grey and hot? Comment below!

10 comments:

  1. Wow, who buys expensive stuff like that, and then donates it to the thrift?? Anyway, I guess that's what keeps us looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! My guess is it generally happens when somebody dies and the family doesn't know what it's worth. But yeah, that's why we do it!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, that is amazing and so wonderfully unique. What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That set is so strange...It is so strange, yet so cool. It's good you went back to get it because that is something that would have haunted your dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly. I'm pretty sure I would have regretted that one big time!

      Delete
  4. Wow! That makes me want to go and watch my entire series of ST - The Next Generation...right now! And go find one for myself! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Oh yes, I've tried watching all the episodes before but can't quite do it. I'm more Team Kirk, anyhoo :-D

      Delete
  5. Glad a fellow blogger picked this. I'd do some major research before selling and if you decide to keep it would be great anyway. Nice find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) Yes, I've made some of my nerdier friends quite jealous with this one. Frankly I'm happy letting it sit around and appreciate. Might be worth a pretty penny in the future!

      Delete

Got a comment? I'd love to hear your thoughts! I read every comment and try to reply to everybody.